Dan Kubin Weighted Impact Screw Kit
“New updated weighted impact screw! I found that it helps with the stability of the hit, and improved overall performance. Also, please note the rubber band position is another simple tuning element. For lower volt operations, or harder hit, position the band pointing slightly up. This will reduce return spring tension thus making it operate better at slower speeds and decreasing the amount of give. Bonus is less strain on the rubber band.”
Thanks – Dan
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
Weighted Impact Kit Specifications:
- Upgrade for Dan Kubin V3R with updated armature bar (Late 2019 to Current)
- Custom heat treated tool steel RHC 60 plus o-ring
- Easy swap out to increase the hit while improving the overall feel and sound
- Kit also includes both the 1.5mm and 2mm L wrench
Upgrade Step by Step: (see pictures for guidance)
- Use the 1.5mm wrench to loosen the set screw on the side of the armature bar. Half a turn should loosen it enough to easily remove the impact screw.
- Hold down the armature bar and use the 2mm wrench to remove the old impact screw.
- Once removed, use the 1.5mm wrench to insert and tighten the weighted impact screw down until the o-ring starts to bulge out as it makes contact with the top of the armature.
- Tuning – this is the most important step and will effect the timing and stroke of your machine.
- While holding the armature bar down, roll the cam back until it makes contact with the vertical spring and gently stops. In this position the timing mark on the cam should align with the center of the timing mark on the frame.
- If the timing mark on the cam is on the low side of the timing mark on the frame, tighten the weighted impact a little until it raises up to the center of the timing mark on the frame.
- If the timing mark on the cam is on the high side, the impact is too far in and needs to be backed out (loosened) until the timing mark on the cam is in the center of the timing mark on the frame.
- Use the 1.5mm wrench to tighten the set screw on the side of the armature bar.
- Your machine is now upgraded and ready to use. One note would be that the new impact works well with the rubber band pulled slightly higher on the needle bar so it is perpendicular when the armature is in the down position.